Charitable Giving Guidelines
Every year, Lancaster Regional receives many requests for support from various community groups and organizations. The challenge we are faced with is how to balance the measure of what we already contribute to the local community in the form of taxes and leases, which exceeds $2,000,000.00 per year as a proprietary healthcare provider and our corporate obligations as one of the area’s largest businesses and employers.
Our budget for contributions is limited. Whether a request is for a cash donation, support for a local program or other opportunity, we will do our best to match our limited discretionary funds with community health needs. Our giving is focused on non-profit organizations in the fields of health, education, and arts and culture and concentrates where we have a strong business presence.
Considerations will be given to the following (but not limited to):
- Community events such as walks, runs, auctions, golf outings, etc.
- Donations - Event participation or contributions
- Fundraising dinners
- Community service organizations
- School fundraisers
- Cultural programs / events
- Medical equipment*
*Lancaster Regional occasionally donates equipment or other materials to not-for-profit organizations and entities. These donations are usually limited to situations where system’s surplus or discard is matched with the identified needs of an organization.
Contributions also may include staff time, meeting space, promotional giveaways and other non-financial resources for projects and activities (such as first aid support and speakers) that support our giving priorities.
Recurring requests must be submitted each year.
We are unable to support the following:
- Political causes or candidates
- Groups requesting funds for individual or private causes
- Groups that receive significant funding through the United Way or Rotary, (as we are supporters of those organizations as well)
- Entertainment or commercial sponsorships*
*Entertainment or commercial sponsorships will be handled by contractual agreement and are therefore excluded from this policy.
As a general rule, no request in excess of $1,500 per year to any single group or event will be considered.
1) Not-for-profit organizations
2) Activities that specifically support our mission to improve the health and well being of our community and our strategic goals
3) Fundraising events for organizations that have close relationships with Lancaster Regional or its subsidiaries, specifically its key service lines
4) Requests that provide positive public awareness of the hospital’s services
5) Activities that address key population health improvement initiatives in the areas we serve
6) Activities that promote public awareness in the areas we serve
7) Schools and neighborhood organizations that are in geographic proximity to our facilities.
How to Apply:
1. Forms can be downloaded by clicking here. No request will be considered without the completion of this form.
2. Requests should be returned to: Lancaster Regional Medical Center: ATTN: Marketing Office, 250 College Ave., Lancaster, PA 17603.
3. All applications must be submitted with a request letter and proof of non profit status.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Due to the overwhelming amount of requests received each year, we will respond to only those requests that were approved. If you have not received a response within 30 days from the date of your submission, the request was not approved. Submissions are received and evaluated on an ongoing basis. Decisions are based on consistency with these guidelines and funding availability. Due to availability of funds, requests may be denied even if they fit criteria. Complete submissions will be submitted by the Marketing Director to the Executive Leadership Team for consideration 90 days prior to the scheduled event. All decisions made by the Executive Leadership Team are final. This process is in place to ensure that all applications are evaluated equally and fulfill our mission, vision, values and strategic plan. Thank you for your cooperation.