Benefits for patients
Our endoscopy suites combine the expertise of well-respected and skilled gastroenterologists, surgeons and pulmonologists. They are complimented by the support of experienced GI certified nurses, skilled RN’s and gastroenterology technicians.
We provide care and treatment for gastric and pulmonary related disorders with special attention to indigestion, heartburn, difficulty swallowing and bowel related problems. Additionally, we perform bronchoscopy procedures for those with lung disorders. Many people are affected by symptoms that interfere with the quality of life. When untreated or undiagnosed, these symptoms may progress into a more serious condition, including cancer.
The procedures performed at Lancaster Regional and Heart of Lancaster Regional are diagnostic and therapeutic. Most procedures involve the use of a flexible endoscope or scope for short. The scope is used to look into the esophagus, stomach, duodenum, colon and even the lungs. In addition the scope can be used to take biopsies, remove polyps, insert stents or stop a patient from bleeding.
Our facilities take pride in providing the best care. Our nurses and anesthesiologist work side by side with the proceduralists to provide our patients with a safe and comfortable experience.
The procedures performed at our facilities are:
- Video Esophago Gastro Duodenoscopy (EGD)
- Video Colonoscopy (diagnostic, therapeutic and screening)
- Video Bronchoscopy
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Cryo Spray Ablation of Esophagus (Treatment of Barrets Esophagus)
- Esophageal Manometry and PH Probe Placement
- Bravo capsule placement
- Liver Biopsy
Benefits for physicians
Lancaster Regional Medical Center's Endoscopy suite features:
- An Olympus Automated Scope Reprocessor - Enables enhanced mobility & accessibility, along with the ability to reprocess two scopes in a single basin, saves steps and time for the medical staff
- High Definition 180-series Olympus Endoscopes - Enables our doctors to have enhanced visual capabilities with high-definition images for EGD & colonoscopies
Lancaster Regional Medical Center’s endoscopy suite combines the skills of the gastroenterologists at Regional Gastroenterologists of Lancaster and Lancaster Gastroenterology, Inc., both proudly working with Lancaster Regional Medical Center.