Laboratory Services (Pathology)
High-quality services and advanced technology
At Lancaster Regional Medical Center, our state-of-the-art testing, integrated medical records, and excellent service are a key part of our comprehensive care. Our laboratory professionals are well equipped to manage everything from routine diagnostic tests and screenings to providing valuable information for doctors to develop care plans for complex disease.
Lancaster Regional’s laboratories are dedicated to high-quality service and patient-centered care. Our laboratories provide everything from blood bank services to a wide range of testing capabilities, including:
- Clinical chemistry
- Hematology and immunohematology
- Immunology, immunochemistry and serology
- Microbiology and virology
We also offer advanced pathology services including:
- Cytology and cytopathology – The study of individual cell abnormalities, often used to diagnose cancer.
- Cytogenetics – Blood or bone marrow cell studies to examine chromosomal changes.
- Histology – The study of tissue under a microscope.
- Molecular diagnostics – DNA/RNA analysis studies.
- Surgical pathology – The study of tissues removed during a biopsy to help diagnose disease and determine treatment.
Hours of operation
Routine Outpatient Collection Hours: Monday through Friday (7am– 5 pm); Saturday (7am – 12pm).
Emergency Collections: 24 hours a day; 7 days a week.
General Laboratory (717) 291-8022.
Blood Bank Donor Center (Staffed by the Central Pennsylvania Blood Bank)
The Blood Bank Donor Center is open Tuesday (8am to 5:30pm), Thursday (10am to 7:30pm) and Friday (8am to 5:30pm). For additional information, call (800) 771-0059.