Expert care for breathing and lung disorders
Lancaster Regional Medical Center provides a wide variety of diagnostic, preventive and treatment services for diseases that affect breathing and lung function. Our pulmonary doctors (pulmonologists) work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary group of specialists, including cardiologists, interventional radiologists, surgeons and other health care professionals to provide comprehensive care for conditions such as:
- Lung cancer
- Pulmonary embolism and hypertension
- Sleep apnea
Breathing treatment services
Our Pulmonary Function Laboratory is equipped to obtain the information your physician needs to diagnose your condition quickly and comfortably. Technicians are registered by the National Board of Respiratory Care. Interpreting physicians are board certified in Pulmonology and are Fellows of the American College of Chest Physicians. We provide:
- Arterial blood gas sampling and analysis
- Bronchial hygiene therapy
- Evaluation for home care needs, including patient education, and referrals for oxygen and respiratory therapy equipment
- Lung function studies
- Oxygen studies, including nighttime, exercise and resting studies
- Simple spironmetry
- Pulmonary stress exercising testing
- Our Respiratory Therapists can also work with our Board Certified Neurologists to diagnose neurologic diseases such as epilepsy, in a quiet, calming environment.
Lancaster Regional's Laboratory hours are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. For an appointment, please call our Central Scheduling office at (717) 291-8133.