Billing and Insurance
Thank you for choosing Lancaster Regional Medical Center as your healthcare provider. The Administration and Medical Staffs of Lancaster Regional want to ensure that billing questions and concerns are addressed. We are aware of the confusing nature of insurance coverage, therefore, we have developed this summary to explain our billing process.
Insurance & Payment Information
As a courtesy to our patients, Lancaster Regional will file a claim directly with the insurance company. After the claim has been filed, the Business Office will follow-up with the claim’s payment status. If payment is not received from patient’s insurance provider within an appropriate time period, the patient will be informed in writing of his or her responsibilities. We encourage the patient to contact the Business Office at (717) 291-8075 if there are any questions or concerns regarding the insurance payments or the statements received in the mail.
Patients who do not carry health insurance are considered private pay accounts. Lancaster Regional offers substantial discounts to our private pay patients. Please contact the Business Office between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. at (717) 291-8075 with any questions or for payment arrangements.
- A fixed dollar amount set by the employer's insurance company that is required of the patient over the course of a benefit period.
- Depending on the patient’s insurance and the circumstances for which the patient has arrived at Lancaster Regional (i.e. inpatient, emergency room, and surgery) the deductible amount may be required at the time of service.
- A fixed dollar amount assigned by the employer's insurance company and required of the patient.
- Co-Pays will be collected at the time of service.
- A percentage of the total bill assigned as patient responsibility by the insurance company.
- The Coinsurance may be collected at the time of service.
Please note, if an insurance company assigns the patient a deductible, co-pay, or coinsurance and the dollar amount is not collected at the time of service, the patient will be billed at a later date.
In addition to your Lancaster Regional bill, you may receive a bill from one or more of the following contracted physician services that provided care:
Lancaster Regional Imaging Associates
- Physician services for imaging procedures such as X-ray, MRI, CT Scan, and Ultra Sound.
- For billing questions call: (717) 519-1550.
- Emergency Room Physicians.
- For billing questions call: (800) 355-2470.
Central Penn Medical Group (CPMG)
- Hospitalist and Physician Services.
- Certified Nurse Anesthesia Services and Anesthesia Physicians.
- For billing questions call: (888) 579-3499.
Pathology Associates of Lancaster
- Physician services for laboratory testing and results.
- For billing questions call: (800) 576-3712.
Note: Your primary care physician and other specialists may also bill you for their services. For questions, call the number printed on these individual bills.